Saturday, February 26, 2011

Facebook Vs Obama

Facebook Vs Obama
Or in simple words my question is:
Will Facebook rule this world or we will still need leaders and their organizations to lead us to a better tomorrow ?

This question is haunting me from 25th Jan 2011. I remember the date so clearly because it was the day Indian Stock market took another plunge owing it to Egypt. Although i am not a investor but I just keep a watch on stock market to keep track of Indian economy.
The stocks world over fell off owing to the fears of higher Oil price that if they dont get oil from Egypt the demand would further increase the oil price, although India doesnt buy much of ts oil from Egypt but even a small fear becomes a big concern when it comes to stock markets, i dont understand if investors are so Damm nervous about any Damm news why the hell they are doing the investing business. Just make a FD and have a sound sleep.

Anyways i was worried with my question since that day. Actually if you look at the history these kind of revolutions to turn up against the tyrant rulers and throw them away have been very RARE.
I was wondering why this kind of revolutions are becoming a common thing till i read another news from Egypt that mentions that a Google executive named Wael Ghonim created a FACEBOOK group that helped the movement to become a mass movement and channelise people. The group attracted hundered of thousands of members worldwide and played a prominent role in spreading the growing discontent. And as we all know whole Egypt celebrated on 11th feb as the unpopular leader stepped down for probably a better future.

But this question has been haunting me more ever since the Friday of Departure of Mubarak.
I could have convinced myself without an answer to such a stupid question -- but "I am not drunk today" my dear friends and this may be serious issue.

Actually what i am worried about is the use of such social networking sites along with their authentication. These social networking sites really have immense potential. Their use had been constructive in nature till now example in case of Egypt. But i hope its good nature prevails forever and we dont start following any absurd group or fake-id or hacked-account.

3 comments:

Tarun Goyal said...

hmm.. nice thought. actually i liked the title... i never thought of the revolution in this manner yaar... just knew the facts but never tried to analyze it..

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

from the next time.. govt will ban facebook in case of revolution :)

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both educative and engaging,
and without a doubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that too few men and women are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my hunt for something regarding this.
my page: clean my pc